POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Shore Scene : Re: A Shore Scene Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Shore Scene
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 29 Jun 2007 07:12:54
Message: <4684e936@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message
>  The falling star has become a plane imo :-)

yep .... i was dissapointed when radiosity made the sparkle disappear,
that's what gave it zing!

> In that case I would expect more details in the foreground soil. I think
> that is the reason why both do not seem to connect: the soil texture is
> virtually identical from foreground to background, diluting the sense of
> depth the plants are expected to provide.

you are absolutely correct .... that's what I was trying to do with the
additional ground cover amoungst the reed-ish plants in the foreground, but
I missed the mark perhaps I should make them more dense. I was also trying
to vary the scale and bumpiness of the ground texture as function of the
distance from the camera but didn't get the results I wanted. Thanks for the
feedback!

Jim